Monday 15 April 2013

Fabric on canvas

I have made this canvas for my best friend as she is moving and is an obsessive sewer!!!  I added textured paste through a harlequin mask to the corners and then mixed gesso and dusty concorde distress ink, and painted over the canvas.  I sprinkled aged wine frantage over the canvas and heated it from underneath.  stamps from the  Sewing Room set from Visible Image were stamped in versafine and distress inks onto cotton fabric and trimmed.  I stamped the mannikin onto a double layer and sewed round it before stuffing it to add dimension.  I used the sewing stitches to add detail to the edges of the canvas.  I stamped the corset from Visible Image in dusty concorde distress ink and in versamark ink and frantaged it.

You can get all the supplies to make this canvas, or one similar from Lisa ... either from the shop and facebook group.

Do pop over to the shop and facebook group to see what other fabulous things are in stock.

And don't forget, there is also a That Craft Place challenge every fortnight - you can find it HERE.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift and the sentiment is just right. Like your Novel idea to stuff the dummies model to make it raised up from the canvas. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stuff.It looking very good. You have done great job.I appreciate your work. Thanks

    ReplyDelete