Wednesday 13 March 2013

Altered box

 Today I am showing you box I have altered using supplies from Lisa's fantastic shop.  Lisa stocks a fantastic range of things to alter, from notebooks, to tiles, photo frames, cotton reels, bags and boxes.  And also a fabulous range of stamps to use on your altered projects.

It was a sturdy cardboard box that I was sent some crafting supplies in a while ago, and I thought it would make a pretty box ...
 I painted the box using acrylic paints and added some vintage photo distress stain, to create a worn look when the paint was dry.  I stamped the large butterfly and butterfly stamps from Visible Image over the top of the box using versafine vintage sepia ink, and then the sentiment from the Free your imagination stamp set from Visible round the sides.

 
I cut some fabric flowers ourt using my Tattered flowers die, and stained them using distress inks.  I also stained the rose ribbon using victorian velvet distress ink.  Once the flowers were dry I punched a small hole in them, added the stamens and scrunched them up, and spritzed them with mist to make them sparkle.  Then I added them to the cotton reels, which were also distressed using vinage photo distress ink.

And a closer look at those flowers.
Its going to be my Mum's birthday present - hope she likes it!!


Supplies:
Image: Visible Image large butterfly, butterfly,
Sentiment:Visible Image free your imagination
Colouring medium: acrylic paint, distress ink
Papers:
Embellishments: fabric flowers, stamens, cotton reels

No comments:

Post a Comment